...a delightful tale in the city of romance.

The Little Bookshop On The Seine (The Little Paris Collection #1) by Rebecca Raisin  

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Sure, the whole exchange thing I was at first sceptical
about, but I soon found myself being drawn into Sarah Smith's life. Drawn into and identifying with her insecurities. An exchange to Paris for six months. Yea! Her love of books and reading habits Idefinitely associated with. Her views about bookshops are fascinating. I was reminded of the private lending library and secondhand bookstore I belonged to as a young child. A place of mystery and musty book smells with hidden corners.
But this is so much more--Paris and all the wonderful things we identify with this icon of Romance. There'll always be Paris!
And of course there is the continued romance, with the fabulous Ridge Warner, and mystery and trying to fit into new situations with new people, exploring a fairy tale location and as an added extra--Christmas!
An HEA story with sentimental moments! just in time for the coming holiday season.

A NetGalley ARC

****

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things aren’t as they seem!

Women in war—Internment by the Japanese 1942-45.

Darkness and passion in 1750's Venice.