An apologetic rogue!

One Rogue Too Many (Rival Rogues) by Samantha Grace

Gabby (Lady Gabrielle Forest) had loved Anthony Keaton, the Earl of Ellis, since before she was thirteen.
Ah! That first scene where her love and trust is 'crushed and trampled' by an embarrassed, gauche young man she'd called friend. I ached right along with fourteen year old Gabby.
Six years later Gabrielle's love isn't dead, yet! Wounded, yes! Trust however is another matter.
After all what would you do if the man who finally said he wanted to marry you had hared off without a word and turned up four months with no explanation?
Misunderstandings and misinterpreted actions litter the way. Another suitor and a maybe mistress blur the edges. Anthony and Gabrielle are equally responsible as they sabotage their relationship without any help from others. The course of true love is strewn not just with pebbles but with boulders. The road is not just rocky, they have to scale cliffs before matters can be resolved so that we all are content.

p.s. I chose my title from a line where Anthony groans and mutters to himself something like why can't I be an unapologetic rogue? Which added a touch of humour at a much needed moment.
I ended up giving this 5 stars. Am a little unsure why as I don't even give my fave authors that. I believe it may be something to do with the person of Gabby. There is something gamine like, Audrey Hepburn like about her.
I also realized that I have the story of Vivian and Luke,  Lady Vivian Defies a Duke (Beau Monde Bachelor).  So must get reading to see if I enjoy that as much.

A NetGalley ARC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things aren’t as they seem!

Women in war—Internment by the Japanese 1942-45.

Unusual thriller!